I often get asked what do I do after I publish a blog post.
Where do I share it? Which platforms, how many times?
Do I share on Facebook only once so I don’t bother people? Do I share on my personal Facebook account?
What about Twitter? How many times and for how long? Just once so I don’t spam people?
Here are the steps I take after I publish a blog post:
Share blog posts on the Facebook business page
1. I share once and schedule a couple more shares of the latest blog post on our Facebook fan page using the Facebook scheduler.
2. One share goes out the after a few days as a link with the embedded thumbnail.
3. A third update goes out after a couple more days with the link and the image posted in the Facebook update as well.
4. I don’t just post the link, but I also write a little intro question, such as: Learn how to… or You asked me how to… here’s your answer.
Share blog posts on the Facebook personal page
5. If I deem appropriate for my Facebook friends, I may share once from my personal account. I don’t do this however for all blog posts that I publish. And I rarely, if ever, share from my business page to my personal account.
This is my personal preference and you can do differently if it works for you to bring blog traffic.
Share blog posts in Facebook groups and on other pages
6. In the Maximize your Blog Facebook group, I share during blog commenting days. We have a great group of enthusiastic bloggers who are growing their blog day after day.
If you want to join us, just purchase the 101 ways to maximize your blog ebook and you automatically become a member. Not only you get to mingle with bloggers like you, but you also get answers to your blogging questions.
7. I share in Facebook groups during Blog Love days, and if this is allowed per the group activities. I usually share the latest post on Facebook groups and on the days that blog shares are allowed. Always check the group rules or ask the blog administrator of the group to make sure.
Share blog posts on Twitter
8. I get a tweet for free because my Facebook updates go to Twitter automatically.
9. I schedule 2-3 tweets 3-4 hours apart the day I publish and onto the following day.
10. I schedule 5-6 tweets, once a day, the following 5-6 days, so the blog post continues to be shared on Twitter for about another week.
11. I submit a tweet with my post using JustRetweet, a free service that allows you to share tweets from other people and get yours retweeted in exchange.
Share blog posts on Pinterest (pinning)
12. I pin on Pinterest on all my applicable boards. That’s right, not just one. I try not to pin on all of them at the same time, but 2-3 boards at a time.
13. I also pin the post on all blogging group boards that I’ve been invited to pin on. Make sue you follow the rules for pinning: how many pins you can pin daily, and be a fair player to pin the content of other members as well.
Share blog posts on Google+
14. I also publish my blog posts on Google+, though it’s true that not as often as on the other platforms.
15. I’m a member of a few blogging communities on Google+. If appropriate, I share blog posts in those communities as well.
What are your tips to share your blog with the world? Leave me a comment and share this post so others can benefit!
Haven’t quite figured out how to get more traffic to your blog through social media? Book a one-one blog strategy session with me and let’s talk!