You just created your new Twitter account, updated your profile and header images to make it nice and attractive, but you’re not sure what to do next.
How do you get followers on Twitter so you can connect with more people and share your message with the world?
Here are a number of strategies to try so you can get more Twitter followers. These techniques will absolutely work for you too, if you implement them consistently and if you are patient.
1. Spend 10-15 minutes every day following new people on Twitter. Always follow relevant accounts for your blog or business.
Some of them will follow back, not all though. And if they don’t follow back, don’t stress over it. You have many other strategies to try in this post.
2. Pay attention and notice the new followers you are getting.
Every 2-3 days, check your new followers, and greet them with with a nice message. Also follow them back.
3. Start tweeting! At the very beginning, a few times a day is enough. Once you get more comfortable, do it every few hours.
What should you tweet about? Share your blog posts, other people’s content, encouragement notes, or tips related to your business and blog.
Use a free tool like TwitterFeed to automatically tweet new articles that you know your followers will enjoy.
4. Decide on a schedule to follow and a strategy of posting on Twitter. Use a scheduling tool like TweetDeck to make your life easier.
5. Every other day, simply tweet to say “Hi, how’s your day?” to a few of your new or older followers.
6. Notice when people retweet (RT) your tweets or mention you on Twitter.
Thank them for their time, retweet a few of their tweets to return the favor, or send them a message.
7. On Fridays, use the #FF tag (Follow Friday) to get more people to see your tweets and possibly follow you.
8. Use a tool like JustRetweet to get your content seen and retweeted by other people.
9. Use a site like Triberr to share your blog posts there too for more reach on Twitter.
10. Pick 2-3 ideas from the ones above and work on them for a month. Don’t give up and you’ll see how your Twitter following is growing!
What are some tips you have to help beginner bloggers to get more Twitter followers?
Leave us a comment and share this post so others can benefit!
Do you want to have a clear plan in place to make Twitter work for your blog or business?
The registration for the Drive Blog Traffic from Twitter – 30-Day Intensive Program for Women Bloggers and Entrepreneurs is now open. Join me?